I’m sharing these Country Cornbread Sliders. Made with crunchy onion cornbread cakes as the bun and maple glazed sausage in between, they’re sure to make your tastebuds sing!
The recipe can be found in the printable recipe card below and there are a few other cornbread recipes you may like below.
- 1 package Martha White Cotton Country Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- Maple syrup
- Cut sausage into six patties and cook in a medium sized skillet over medium heat, turning as necessary, until fully cooked and no longer pink in the center. Set aside when done.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour oil to a depth of 1/4 of an inch. Allow to heat while you prepare cornbread.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together cornbread mix, onion, milk, and egg. Set aside for five minutes.
- Drop cornbread by large spoonfuls into the skillet, shaping slightly into a patty with the back of the spoon. Once browned on the bottom, gently flip over and brown on the other side. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble sliders, brushing the tops of each sausage patty with maple syrup. Serve warm.
Here’s a couple other cornbread recipes that you may enjoy:
- Sweet Maple Cornbread from Plain Chicken
- Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites from Southern Bite
- Crock Pot Chicken And Cornbread Dressing
- The Best Cornbread Recipes