Follow my easy-peasy step-by-step guide to learn how to bake brie with lots of delicious toppings. We’re talking ooey-gooey baked cheese drizzled in honey and topped with sliced almonds, dried cherries, and fresh rosemary. Your tastebuds won’t know what hit them!
So, you want to learn how to bake brie? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Follow my easy step-by-step guide below and you’ll have yourself a delicious serving of baked brie in 15 minutes. This recipe really couldn’t be easier. The steps are as simple as placing the brie on a baking sheet, adding the toppings, and baking for 10 to 12 minutes. The end result is flavorful ooey-gooey brie cheese a.k.a a cheese lover’s dream.
Now, on the topic of baked brie toppings… these transform ordinary baked brie into a taste sensation! We have honey, because honey-baked brie is SO good, y’all. But we don’t stop there. Oh no! We also add sliced almonds (which get all nice and toasted in the oven), dried cherries, and chopped fresh rosemary. It’s sweet, it’s savory, and it’s so tasty. I guess you’ll just have to make this easy baked brie recipe to find out for yourself 😉.
This is an amazing appetizer to take to your next dinner party (I’ve heard it pairs perfectly with a glass of red wine). It’s also a great holiday appetizer to enjoy over Thanksgiving and Christmas. It not only looks beautiful, but it tastes absolutely delicious! Keep scrolling for some extra serving suggestions and baked brie topping ideas.
Okay, enough talking… let’s learn how to bake brie!
- Chopped fresh rosemary
- Sliced almonds
- Dried cherries
- Crackers for serving
How to Bake Brie
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unwrap the brie and place it seam side down on the baking sheet.
Sprinkle with rosemary, and top with almonds, cherries, and honey.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is soft to the touch.
Serve with crackers.
Baked brie can be reheated in an oven or air fryer at 350 until soft but is best served immediately.
- Chop the cherries if you prefer smaller pieces.
- Brie is best served warm.
- To make sure the brie bakes evenly, I recommend leaving it on the counter for an hour before baking.
- You can also use this recipe with other types of soft cheese, like Camembert.
- Let the wheel of baked brie sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Do you keep the rind on brie when baking?
I recommend keeping the rind on brie when baking so you can place all the toppings on it! It’s edible, don’t worry.
Can I bake brie in the microwave?
Yes, you can soften brie in the microwave as well if you’re in a pinch! I recommend placing it in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaving it in 60-second increments, as each microwave is different.
What is some other great baked brie topping ideas?
Check out these other brie toppings:
- For a sweet baked brie, opt for chopped apple and caramel sauce.
- For a more savory option, opt for sundried tomatoes and fresh thyme, fresh sage, or rosemary.
- Substitute the almonds for other chopped nuts, like chopped pecans, pistachios, chopped hazelnuts, or chopped walnuts.
- Substitute the dried cherries for a different dried fruit, like dried cranberries, raisins, or apricots.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey. Add some brown sugar for another deliciously sweet combo.
What do you serve with baked brie?
Serve your melted brie on its own or on a charcuterie board with other bite-sized treats, including:
- Fresh fruit, like grapes, sliced pears, and sliced apples.
- Olive tapenade
- Homemade dips, like caramelized onion dip.
- Jam, including apricot jam, fig jam, raspberry jam, and hot pepper jelly.
- Sturdy crackers or crostini.
- Toasted bread, like baguette slices.
You may also like these other cheesy appetizers:
Homemade Pretzels and Cheese Sauce
Cheesy Bacon Pull Apart Chicken Recipe
Oven-Baked Mac and Cheese (Southern Plate Favorite)
- 1 8-ounce brie
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp dried cherries
- 1 tbsp honey
- crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the brie and place it seam side down on the baking sheet.1 8-ounce brie
- Sprinkle with rosemary, and top with almonds, cherries, and honey.1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, 1 tbsp sliced almonds, 2 tbsp dried cherries, 1 tbsp honey
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is soft to the touch.
- Serve with crackers.crackers for serving
This sounds so easy and delicious. Perfect for my favorite season – Fall!
I think it would be yummy with one of the fruit hot pepper jellies like blackberry hot pepper jelly or maybe strawberry. Yum!