Trigger Alert: This Crock Pot Salisbury Meatballs recipe uses cream soup! In this wondrous modern world you are free to make cream soup from scratch or buy the can. Whichever decision you make is hunky dory with me and whichever decision I make will be hunky dory with you. First world problem solved. 🙂 P.S. Here is my homemade recipe
Frozen meatballs are one of the best shortcuts out there and I love to toss a bag in my slow cooker with some sauce ingredients for a quick supper that doubles as a snack throughout the day. This recipe is one my husband and I particularly enjoy because we have enough left over for a few lunches throughout the week. If you don’t need as many, just use a small bag of meatballs, but leftovers freeze well, too!
You’ll need: Black pepper (this is essential, in my opinion), milk, cream of mushroom soup*(2 cans for the whole bag, one for half of the bag or a smaller bag), a bag of fully cooked all beef or turkey meatballs, onion, and some Worcestershire sauce, which is as essential as the black pepper in my mind!
Using the recipe below, stir together the cream soup, milk, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Place meatballs in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour sauce over all and top with onions. Cook on low, 7-8 hours or high, 3-4, stirring at least once to help the onions cook.
Serve over freshly cooked egg noodles and enjoy this simple satisfying meal!
- 2-3 pounds fully cooked frozen all beef or turkey meatballs
- 1- 2 cans 10 ounces cream of mushroom**
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper*
- 1 onion sliced
- In small bowl, stir together the cream soup, milk, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place meatballs in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour sauce over all and top with onions. Cook on low, 7-8 hours or high, 3-4, stirring at least once to help the onions cook.
**If making a smaller amount, use one can of soup but leave all other ingredients the same.
“Everyone is offensive to someone, and everyone is offended by something,
so lets all have a cookie.”
~Submitted by Sooz Johnson