These Oreo Balls are one of my favorite recipes anytime but we had a lot of fun making these as a salute to our flag for the 4th.
Patriotic red, white, and blue oreo balls will brighten up any party with family and friends.
- Oreo Cookies
- Red Chocolate Melts
- Blue Chocolate Melts
- Almond Bark
- Cream Cheese Softened (click here for our homemade cream cheese recipe)
Take one package of oreo cookies and …
Crush up your Oreo cookies very fine, filling and all. Sometimes I use a food processor for this step. If you don’t have one you will need to put your cookies in a sealable bag and hammer the heck out of them or use a rolling pin.
I know it doesn’t look like I crushed up the filling in here but I promise I did.
You will then add your softened cream cheese to the crushed cookies.
Mix up just like that.
Make them up into balls.
And place them on a cookie sheet.
Once you have the balls made, place your red chocolate melts, blue chocolate melts, and almond bark (or white chocolate chips) in separate microwave safe bowls and microwave at 30 second intervals.
Stirring each, until melted and smooth. Take care not to let even the smallest drop of water get into your coating because it will cause it to seize up and won’t be good for much of anything.
Dip each ball into the melted almond bark until it is totally coated. I use a fork to dunk and then pull them out but toothpicks can work too.
Once you have them all dipped and they have completely set you if you are using them for a holiday like Memorial Day or 4th of July you can arrange them like the flag above or whatever your imagination tells you to do.
Be careful, they won’t last long. One batch will make about 60-70 balls.
- 1 Package Oreos 14-19 ounce is fine
- 1 Package white almond bark or 24 ounces white chocolate chips*
- 1 Brick cream cheese softened (8 ounces)
- 12 oz Red chocolate melts
- 12 oz Blue chocolate melts
- White sprinkles
- Crush cookies very fine either by using a food processor or by placing them in a sealed bag and crushing them with a mallet or rolling pin. Using an electric mixer, add softened cream cheese to crushed cookie mixture and mix until well blended. Scoop out and form into one inch balls and place on waxed paper until ready to dip.
- Melt Almond bark, red and blue chocolate melts either by placing in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie ball into the melted chocolate or almond bark and place back on waxed paper in the shape of the flag. Sprinkle white Nonpareils on the blue oreo balls for the stars. And create lines of oreo balls alternating red lines and white lines for the stripes. Chill and serve.