Overflowing with flavorful melted cheese goodness and made with just 3 ingredients, this good and gooey baked pimiento cheese dip is always a big hit.
Who doesn’t love a melty, gooey Southern pimento cheese dip? The answer is absolutely no one, of course! This one takes that to the next level because using pimento cheese gives it a whole new (and unexpected) burst of flavor. Since this dip is flavorful and cheesy, but not spicy, it makes the perfect hors d’oeuvre to take to get-togethers with family and friends.
It also wins points for being so quick and easy to make! All you need is a container of pimiento cheese, some cream cheese, and green onion. Quickly combine the ingredients with an electric mixer and then bake the dip for 25 minutes. That’s it! Serve your hot pimento cheese dip with whatever your heart desires, whether that’s bread cubes, pork rinds, or vegetable sticks. Your appetizer, your rules.
If you’re a fellow pimiento cheese lover, welcome! You might like these other recipes: pimento cheese sandwich, chicken broccoli skillet with pimento cheese sauce, pimento cheese biscuits, and Grandma Lucy’s pimento cheese recipe.
Now, let’s head into the kitchen and get this party started!
- A container of pimiento cheese (I’m using Price*s Southern Style Pimiento Cheese because it’s awesome). Want to make your own ? Find our here in our post.
- Two or three green onions
- A brick of cream cheese (here’s our easy-peasy recipe for homemade cream cheese).
How to Make Pimiento Cheese Dip in 3 Easy Steps
Place all of the ingredients for your pimiento cheese dip in a mixing bowl.
Mix with an electric mixer (or elbow grease, but I prefer an electric mixer) until fully combined.
Spread this into a small baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until nice and melty with a wee bit of browning around the edges.
That was it. If you blinked you might have missed it!
Now comes the fun part, the eating…
Serve with bread cubes, crackers, or chips. To keep it keto try a few pork rinds instead.
Or are looking low carb in general? Use carrot and celery sticks for your dipping.
This stuff is so good. I think this is what pimiento cheese lovers eat in Heaven.
Come to think of it, I’ve been good all day so we just might call this supper tonight!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can eat it cold or reheat it quickly in the oven before serving.
- My pimiento cheese dip is pictured with bread cubes (which my kids love). I just bought a large loaf of Italian bread for the whopping price of $1 and cut it into cubes. Keto lovers could use pork rinds as their scooper, which tastes amazing with a great crunch at the end! Pork rinds do have higher levels of sodium (salt) so be careful with your portions. Another idea for keeping this pimiento cheese dip low carb is using sticks of celery or carrots for dipping.
- Your cream cheese needs to be at room temperature. Seriously, it really does. I set mine out before I go to bed at night and make this the next morning so that tells you how long this may take to happen. You can also place it in hot water for a while to get it to room temperature too.
- Want to add more flavor to your pimento cheese dip? Here are some options:
- Season your dip with garlic powder, onion powder, smoky paprika, cayenne pepper, or red chili flakes.
- Do as us Southerners do and add a couple of shakes of Tabasco sauce or any kind of hot sauce to give it a kick!
- Speaking of, for more heat add diced jalapeno or chipotle pepper.
- For more tang than spice, add a few tablespoons of pickle relish or finely-diced pickles.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped green olives to make South Carolina-style pimento cheese.
- Do you know what goes great with cheese? Bacon! Stir in some crumbly crispy bacon bits.
- If you’re wanting to make homemade pimento cheese dip, you’re going to need lots of (like and ), mayonnaise, and pimento peppers.
Check out these other great dips for your next event:
- 11 ounces Price*s Southern Style Pimento Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2-3 green onions
- Place both kinds of cheese in a large bowl. Chop up the green onion and add to the bowl.11 ounces Price*s Southern Style Pimento Cheese, 8 ounces cream cheese, 2-3 green onions
- Blend with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Spoon into a small baking dish and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Serve warm with crackers, bread cubes, veggies, etc.
This will be great to serve for the Superbowl game.
Oh my goodness gracious! This looks delicious and so simple! Thank you for sharing!