How To Make Low Carb Broccoli Cheese
Stuffed Chicken Breast
Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast can be a delicious meal all by itself if you’d like. I usually serve it with mashed potatoes to keep the carb lovers happy. Print this one out and add it to your low carb arsenal! Now step into the kitchen and let me show you how easy this dish is to make.
Loving the Low Carb Life
Some years back as I was sitting having an evening coffee with my husband I said, “You’re over forty now, your body would like a green bean every now and then.” I followed this with something which was apparently a revelation to him “Not everything you eat has to be your favorite, you know”. Well, turns out, green beans led to broccoli and that is how we got to Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast.
Now you know my journey, it’s time to start cookin’!
Ingredients you will need for this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe are:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped broccoli
- Chopped bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Keep scrolling for the full recipe and the printable recipe card.
*This recipe makes three. However, if you have a larger family or bigger eaters, doubling this recipe to make six usually ends up being the perfect number.
- Before you start, place chopped broccoli in a medium sized bowl and add about two tablespoons of water.
- Cover and microwave about 3 minutes, remove cover and drain excess water.
- To that bowl, add cheese, mayo, and chopped bell pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Carefully cut a pocket into each chicken breast. A safe way to do this is to hold the piece of meat in place by pressing down on top with a flat spatula. Be careful to just cut a pocket, don’t cut all the way through to the ends or to the other side.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/3 of stuffing mixture.
- Stir together onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and paprika and sprinkle it over each side of each chicken breast.
- In a large cast iron or oven proof skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Carefully add each chicken breast and cook these, turning once, about 4-5 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Remove from stove eye and place in 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. (A stove eye is what southerners call the burners).
Now doesn’t that Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast look good?
And yep feel good about it cuz it’s low carb!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425. In a small bowl, stir together onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and 1/2 of the garlic powder.
- Place chicken breasts onto cutting board. Press down on each chicken breast with a large flat spatula to hold it in place. Cut a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through the other side and stopping before you get to the end of the chicken.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, place broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high for about 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain any excess water. Place bell pepper, cheese, mayo, and the rest of the garlic powder into the bowl and stir it all up to combine.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/3 of stuffing mixture. Stir together onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and paprika and sprinkle it over each side of each chicken breast.
- In a cast iron or other oven proof skillet, place olive oil and heat on the stovetop over medium high heat. After oil is hot, carefully add each chicken breast. Cook this for 4-5 mimnutes on each side, until just browned. Remove from eye and place entire skillet of chicken in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
And you may also like these chicken broccoli recipes: