I am always on the search for great low carb recipes and this recipe for Low Carb (Keto) Sausage Balls is one that we have been enjoying for several months. It is a tweaked version of the classic sausage ball. My husband likes for me to make a double recipe of them on the weekends and we keep them in the fridge to heat up as quick breakfasts throughout the week. If you really want to take them over the top, add a little dollop of sugar free pancake syrup. 🙂
To make these you’ll need: Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Egg, Baking Powder, Almond Meal*, Salt, and Breakfast Sausage.
*I find almond flour right next to the flour and corn meal at Krogers, Wal Mart, etc. It’s fairly easy to find these days and a little on the pricey side but one bag will last forever. I believe I paid about $5 for this bag. P.S. It is also delicious. 🙂
Special Note: We no longer eat pork but I’ve found Jennie-O brand breakfast sausage in a roll works beautifully in this recipe.
Making them is as simple as putting all of the ingredients in a bowl and mixing with an electric mixer. I use a small cookie dough scoop to put them out onto lightly greased baking sheets but you can also just use a spoon if you like.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm or allow to cool and then place in zipper seal bags and store in the fridge for four or five days. Reheat in the microwave until warm.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage We use Jenn-O
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients. Mix with electric mixer until well combined.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or two spoons and spoon out onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 30. Refrigerate leftovers. Reheat very well in microwave or oven.
- Approximately 1 carb each
These have about one carb each. Please calculate nutritional information on your own for accuracy.
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.”