Lay your eyes on the cutest mini bundt cakes you’ve ever seen. Made with Aunt Sue’s famous vanilla pound cake recipe, these moist and buttery bundt cakes are the most delicious treats, so spoil yourself today!
We are big fans of Aunt Sue’s famous pound cake around here. And there’s only one thing better than one pound cake – several mini pound cakes! These mini bundt cakes look almost too cute to eat. But when you take a bite, you’re rewarded with a taste of the moistest and most buttery vanilla pound cake ever.
Fortunately, it’s so easy to whip up one of Aunt Sue’s famous pound cakes. In fact, I bet you even have the list of simple ingredients at home right now: eggs, butter, sugar, flour, whipping cream, and vanilla extract. All you have to do is cream the ingredients together, pour them into mini bundt cake molds and they’ll be ready in just 30 minutes.
You can also go wild and serve your mini bundt cakes however you like. I love a slice of pound cake with Mama’s custard sauce, but you could also serve these with a simple vanilla icing or a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
- All-purpose flour
- Whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Grease your mini bundt pan molds with cooking spray and set out the eggs and butter to allow them to come to room temperature.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition.
Sift the flour and add it to the creamed mixture, and with the whipping cream. Mix together completely.
Next add in the .
Fill your bundt pan molds halfway with the cake batter and place them in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 300 and bake for 30 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool the mini pound cakes completely before you take them out of the bundt cake pan.
How to make a simple vanilla icing
Drizzle Mama’s custard sauce on these mini bundt cakes for an amazing flavor and texture.
Drizzle the custard sauce immediately over the cooled cakes.
You can also add a bit of whipped cream to each after adding the custard if you like.
- Store your mini bundt cakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze the unglazed cakes in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- If you don’t have mini bundt cake pans, you can use a muffin pan instead.
- Interested in mini lemon bundt cakes instead? Add two tablespoons of lemon juice and the zest of two lemons to your bundt cake batter. You can also use lemon juice in the icing instead of milk (with ), to enhance the lemon flavor.
- For gluten-free mini bundt cakes, use almond flour instead. You could also substitute the vanilla extract for almond extract.
- You could also opt to drizzle each with a instead. All you need is 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream (slowly melted in the microwave) combined with 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chips.
Here are more of my favorite cake recipes:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream also known as heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mama's Custard Sauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C flour all purpose
- 1 pinch salt
- 2.5 C milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream optional to be added to center of the bundt cake if you like.
- Grease your mini bundt pan molds with cooking spray and let the eggs and butter set out to come to room temperature.6 eggs, 1 cup butter
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat each as you add it in. Sift the flour and add it to the mixture and then add the whipping cream. Mix together completely.6 eggs, 1 cup butter, 3 cups sugar, 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup whipping cream
- Add the vanilla extract into your cake mix and stir it up.1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fill your bundt pan molds halfway with the cake batter and place them in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 300 and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Cool the cakes completely then remove from the pan.
Drizzle Mama's Custard Sauce
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a heavy medium saucepan. Whisk in the milk and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until just hot.1/2 C sugar, 1/3 C flour, 1 pinch salt
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks until smooth. Add about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to the beaten eggs and stir vigorously.3 egg yolks
- Pour the milk and egg mixture back into the sauce pot and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat, until the custard thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla extract. Pour the custard through a strainer to thin it out if you like. Cool in the fridge until the cakes are cooled and when ready drizzle over the top of the mini bundt cakes.1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add a dollop of whipped cream in the center of the bundt cakes (optional)whipped cream