My friend Jyl has graciously offered to let me share her Oreo Ball recipe today, Thank you, Jyl!
Jyl says: This is one of the most requested treats that has made its way out of my kitchen. Everyone that has tasted them wants more and every year I get asked hundreds of times when I am making them again. For them to be so good yet so easy is almost sinful.
To make these, you’ll need:
Oreos, almond bark, and cream cheese.
This is what Almond Bark looks like. It has no nuts in it (despite the name) and can be found near the chocolate chips. In a pinch, white chocolate chips may be substituted but the best bet is to buy cheaper chocolate chips because they make better coating for truffles and such.
Crush up your Oreo cookies very fine, filling and all.
I know it doesn’t look like I crushed up the filling in here but I promise I did.
Sometimes I use a food processor for this step but if you don’t have one you will need to put your cookies in a sealable bag and hammer the heck out of them.
You will then add your softened cream cheese to the crushed cookies.
I use my hands to mush it all together until you have a dough but you can use an electric mixer if you like.
Once you have it mixed really well shape a spoonful into bite-sized balls.
Once you have the balls made, place your almond bark (or white chocolate chips) in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Take care not to let even the smallest drop of water get into your coating because it will cause it to seize up and won’t be good for much of anything.
Dip each ball into the melted almond bark until it is totally coated. I use a toothpick to dunk mine and pull them out. Once you have them all dipped and they have completely set you will want to store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Mmmm, these don’t last long at all at my house so I have to make a TON! But one batch will make about 60-70 balls.
- 1 package Oreos (14-19 ounce is fine)
- 1 brick cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
- 1 package white almond bark or 24 ounces white chocolate chips*
- Crush cookies very fine either by using a food processor or by placing them in a sealed bag and crushing them with a mallet or rolling pin. Using an electric mixer, add softened cream cheese to crushed cookie mixture and mix until well blended. Scoop out and form into one inch balls and place on waxed paper until ready to dip.
- Melt Almond bark either by placing in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie ball into almond bark and place back on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. YUM!
More Oreo Favorites:
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world
in a conspiracy of love.
~Mabi. Submit your quote by clicking here.