Featuring both crushed Oreo cookies and crushed peppermint, this peppermint Oreo milkshake recipe is minty creamy goodness in a glass that’s perfect for the holidays.
Now, I’m not shy around these parts about my love for Oreo cookies. They’ve only featured in a few recipes (more like 20 but who’s counting)? There’s Oreo ice cream pie, 3-ingredient Oreo balls, Oreo ice cream cake, Oreo fudge, and Oreo brownies. But today, instead of eating Oreos, we’re drinking them! This Oreo milkshake recipe has become a favorite in my family and it’s easy to see why because it’s so tasty!
Burger King introduced the Peppermint Oreo Shake to their seasonal holiday menu a few years ago and it was a hit. It included their vanilla soft serve, Oreo crumbs, and peppermint syrup with whipped cream. Using this as inspiration, I created my own peppermint Oreo milkshake recipe. It features the same flavors, including vanilla ice cream, Oreos, and whipped cream on top. However, I also add milk to make it extra creamy and use crushed peppermint instead of syrup.
Now, with that crushed peppermint on top, it definitely looks the part of the perfect festive treat for the holidays. You can even substitute the crushed peppermint for a crushed candy cane if you like and serve it with a candy cane garnish. But the refreshing mint choc chip taste means it’s delicious even if you enjoy it year-round.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mini Oreo cookies or full-size Oreos
- Crushed peppermint
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make a Peppermint Oreo Milkshake
Place ice cream, cookies, peppermint, and milk into a blender.
Blend on high until smooth.
Top with whipped cream.
Sprinkle with additional peppermint and/or cookie if you like.
This recipe makes one Oreo milkshake, so there should be no need to store leftovers.
- Regular ice cream is best for a creamy milkshake, but you can use light ice cream or frozen yogurt instead.
- Measure ice cream in a dry measuring cup.
- Any brand of chocolate sandwich cookies may be used.
- If you can’t find crushed peppermint, you can crush your own hard peppermint candies.
- 2% or whole milk is best.
- This is a thick-style milkshake. Use 3 ounces of milk if you prefer yours a little less thick.
- If you want to enhance the mint flavor of your peppermint milkshake, use mint chip ice cream, add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract, and/or use Peppermint Thin (mint) Oreos instead.
- You can also decorate your Oreo milkshake whipped topping with red and green sprinkles for the holidays.
Can I tempt you with these other tasty drinks?
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup mini Oreo cookies or 2 full-size Oreos
- 3 tsp crushed peppermint
- 2 ounces 2% milk
- whipped cream for topping
- Place ice cream, cookies, peppermint, and milk into a blender.3 cups vanilla ice cream, 1/3 cup mini Oreo cookies, 3 tsp crushed peppermint, 2 ounces 2% milk
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional peppermint and/or cookie (optional).whipped cream for topping