Easy as can be…this Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole recipe takes the classic flavors and ingredients of stuffed peppers, then turns them into cheesy comfort food that is irresistible. Nobody likes doing too many dishes!
“Unstuffed” Pepper Casserole
By the way, no stuffin’ needed :0 )
Instead of stuffing the filling into the peppers, the bell peppers here are sliced, sautéed, then mixed with the other ingredients. Technically I guess this should be called an “unstuffed pepper casserole” with the flavors of its kissin’ cousin Stuffed Peppers.
Cook the rice in the same skillet too, no sense in dirtying another pot.
- Ground beef or ground turkey
- Small onion – diced
- Minced garlic
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Medium tomato
- 3 large green peppers – diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Can This Casserole Be Frozen?
- This can be frozen so you can make a big pot and enjoy it through the week.
- To thaw it out keep it in the fridge overnight. If you forget the night before to put it ni the fridge, setting it out in its pot for a couple of hours should do the trick.
- Reheat on the stove eye or in the microwave. You might want to spruce it up with a little hot sauce or just salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet, brown the hamburger meat, onion, and minced garlic until the meat is cooked through. Drain if needed.
Add in the salt, pepper, tomato soup, rice, diced tomatoes, and peppers. Mix well and allow the mixture to cook for 10 -15 minutes.
Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Optional: top with a few leftover green peppers
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10.75 oz tomato soup
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 3 green peppers large, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger meat, onion, and minced garlic until the meat is cooked through. Drain if needed. Add in the salt, pepper, tomato soup, rice, diced tomatoes, and peppers. Mix well and allow the mixture to cook for 10 -15 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish, top with the shredded cheese, (optional: top with a few leftover green peppers) and bake at 350 for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
You may like these casserole recipes as well: