How to Bake Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
If you’re a devotee of sweet potato casserole, these Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges may seem like a pretty big departure. But these spiced and sweet wedges have all the delicious flavors we enjoy so much in a casserole – no one will realize how lightened up they are!
To bake Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges you’ll need:
- Sweet potatoes,
- Olive oil,
- Brown sugar,
- A Little salt and pepper.
- Wash your sweet potatoes but don’t peel them.
- Cut them all into wedges and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper (this just makes cleanup easier).
- Drizzle olive oil over them and toss to coat, then arrange them skin side down.
- Stir together cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle half of this over the wedges.
- Bake at 425, stirring them and sprinkling them with the remaining topping halfway through, until they are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
Is your kitchen smelling wonderful yet?
- Serve hot.
Oooh these Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges are so good and just have a hint of brown sugar to bring out their natural sweetness, but not over the top sweet.
These delicious, easy to make wedges are a great side to go with any meal!
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes washed but unpeeled
- A few tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Carefully cut each potato lengthwise into about 6 wedges and place them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat. Arrange potatoes skin side down.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and sprinkle half of this over the potato wedges.
- Bake potatoes, stirring them and sprinkling them with the remaining topping halfway through, until they are fork tender, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.