If you’re a devotee of sweet potato casserole, these Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges may seem like a pretty big departure. But these spiced and sweet wedges have all the delicious flavors we enjoy so much in a casserole – no one will realize how lightened up they are!
To make Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges you’ll need: sweet potatoes, olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a little salt and pepper.
Wash your sweet potatoes but don’t peel them. Cut them all into wedges and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper (this just makes cleanup easier). Drizzle olive oil over them and toss to coat, then arrange them skin side down.
Stir together cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle half of this over the wedges.
Bake at 425, stirring them and sprinkling them with the remaining topping halfway through, until they are fork tender, about 30 minutes. Is your kitchen smelling wonderful yet?
Oooh these Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges are so good and just have a hint of brown sugar to bring out their natural sweetness, but not over the top sweet.
These delicious, easy to make wedges are a great side to go with any meal!
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes washed but unpeeled
- A few tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Carefully cut each potato lengthwise into about 6 wedges and place them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat. Arrange potatoes skin side down.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and sprinkle half of this over the potato wedges.
- Bake potatoes, stirring them and sprinkling them with the remaining topping halfway through, until they are fork tender, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.
You might also enjoy this recipe for Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy !Yum