Greek Cucumber Salad – Simple, natural, and guilt free. This is the perfect summer side dish to any meal. Sure to be a favorite in your recipe files!
This is prime cucumber salad season for us and there is just nothing like a refreshing cold salad as the perfect side dish to any summer meal. I combined some of my favorite flavors to make this Greek version of a classic. Simple, natural, and guilt free, you’ll want to make this soon – and often!
You’ll need: 3 cucumbers, about two cups (give or take) of cherry or grape tomatoes, 1/2 of a red onion, crumbled feta, olive oil, lemon juice (fresh or bottled), oregano, salt, and pepper.
Chop up your cucumber, slice onion, and cut tomatoes in half. Place all of this in a large bowl.
Add olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
Stir well to combine. Cover this and refrigerate until chilled.
Top with crumbled feta cheese before serving.
This Greek Cucumber Salad will be delicious in the fridge for up to three days.
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1/4 teaspoon to start)
- 1 cup crumbled feta for topping
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Add with oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and place in fridge for several hours for flavors to intermingle (we don't want to say married because they hardly know one another). Before serving, top with feta. Enjoy!