How to Make Pineapple Cobbler
If you love pineapple upside down cake, pineapple cobbler will be your new passion.
To make this distant cousin of Pineapple Upside Down Cake aka Pineapple Cobbler you’ll need:
- Baking Mix (such as Pioneer or Bisquick)
- Pineapple Chunks (important that you have chunks here)
- Brown sugar
- In a medium sauce pot, place your butter and add in the juice from the cans of pineapple.
- Also add in your brown sugar and flour.
- Stir that up well and bring just to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Stir that until it is all complete blended and thickened, with no lumps.
- Stir in your pineapple chunks.
- Pour this into a baking dish. This will make enough for a 9×13 but I’m using a 9×9 baking dish and it will just be a little deeper.
- In a batter bowl or medium mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar and baking mix.
- Stir in milk.
- Stir until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter evenly over filling.
- Bake 400 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and toothpick inserted in very center comes out clean. (don’t stick the toothpick too far down, just about 1/2 an inch)
Please make this soon! Serve warm 🙂
- 2-20 ounce cans chunk pineapple undrained
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 2 cups Pioneer Brand Baking Mix or Bisquick
- 1 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 1 cup milk
- To Make Filling: Place butter in medium sauce pot. Add juice from canned pineapple, brown sugar, and flour.
- Place over medium high heat while stirring constantly with a whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Bring ingredients just to a boil, stirring constantly, and then remove from heat. Stir in pineapple chunks.
- Spray a 9x13 or 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray and pour in filling.
- To make cobbler topping: In medium mixing bowl, stir together baking mix and brown sugar.
- Add milk and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Pour over filling in pan. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Serve warm. !Visit Guntersville State Lodge and tell Kim and Talesa I said Hi 🙂
You may also like these recipes: