Cheesy sauce, yellow saffron rice, tender chicken and broccoli, this casserole spells comfort food with a capital “C” for me. After a week in Disney, eating out at every meal, I came home longing for something from my own oven.
My mother used to make this almost weekly. It was one of her favorite casseroles to make (next to Country Casserole) because of how quick and easy it was to throw together. She usually made it the night before and left us instructions to put it in the oven around the time she left her office (she was a real estate agent at the time).
A comforting and filling supper awaited us on those nights!
- 1 Jar Cheese Sauce (Such as Cheez Whiz. 10 ounces or more)
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- medium sized bag Saffron Rice (enough to make two cups cooked)
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken (either canned or cooked at home)
- ½ Cup milk
- Prepare rice according to package directions. In bowl, stir everything together. Spoon into 9x13 inch casserole dish and bake at 350 for thirty minutes or until bubbly.