Ingredients you’ll need for this Sloppy Joes Casserole recipe are:
- All Purpose Flour
- Shredded cheese
- Cooked ground beef
- Vegetable oil
- Sloppy joe sauce bought or homemade: If you want to make your own sloppy joe sauce check out ingredients I use to make it HERE
- French fried onions
How to Make Sloppy Joes Casserole Step By Step
- Cook your ground beef and stir your sloppy joe sauce into the meat until it’s well coated.
- Stir in your fried onions.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of cheese.
- Spread meat mixture over top of cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place eggs, milk, flour, salt, and oil in a bowl.
Our ingredients are smiling at us 🙂
- So all you have to do on this is stir it together with a spoon until it’s well blended. It just takes a minute.
- Pour over top of meat and cheese.
- Bake this at 350 for 30 minutes, or until it is just a wee bit browned on top.
Note: This recipe can be made using half of the beef and sloppy joe sauce but still with the same amount of crust and in a 9x13 pan with no loss of deliciousness.
- 1-2 pounds ground beef cooked and drained
- 1-2 14.5 oz cans sloppy joe sauce I only use Manwich when it comes to buying it pre made. I normally like generics but find generic sloppy joe sauce to be really bad.
- 1 cup french fried onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese mild, sharp, whatever you like
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir together ground beef, sloppy joe sauce, and french fried onions until well blended.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the bottom and top with the meat mixture, spreading to the sides. Top meat mixture with remaining cheese.
- In medium bowl combine flour, milk, oil, eggs, and salt. Stir until well blended. Pour over top of meat and cheese in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until crust is set and very lightly browned.
You might enjoy these other recipes:
“Time is more valuable than money.
You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
Submitted by Dianne. Click here to submit your own!