I like to call my deliciously moist cinnamon apple bread recipe a showstopper because it features a nutty spiced apple filling, a cinnamon sugar topping, and a sweet glaze on top.
Folks, today I’m introducing you to an easy apple cinnamon bread recipe that’s going to blow your mind! It’s not an ordinary apple bread, oh no. This apple bread has lots of flavorful layers. We start with a deliciously moist vanilla bread base. But then we add a cinnamon apple filling that includes bite-sized juicy apple pieces, chopped nuts, sugar, and cinnamon sugar. This adds so much flavor and crunchy texture to the loaded bread.
But wait, there’s more. We then add another layer of the cinnamon sugar and apple filling on top so it resembles a crumble topping. The final step is a simple sweet glaze drizzled on top once the apple loaf is baked. This cinnamon apple bread is dense, sweet, and scrumptiously good. I mean, just look at all those delicious flavors!
I love to pair a slice of cinnamon apple bread with a hot beverage in the morning or afternoon. It’s the perfect pick-me-up!
- Packed light brown sugar (dark brown sugar is also fine)
- Ground cinnamon
- White granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Self-rising flour
- Vanilla extract
- Granny Smith apples
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped walnuts or pecans (nuts are completely optional though unless you want that crunch).
How To Make Cinnamon Apple Bread
Begin by making your cinnamon topping. Stir together the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and then set this aside.
Go ahead and peel and dice your apples as well. Place them in a bowl with granulated sugar and cinnamon and stir that together. Set this aside also.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the room temp butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
Add in eggs, milk, vanilla, and flour and beat until well incorporated and smooth, scraping sides as needed.
Pour half of this batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
Sprinkle batter with half of the apple mixture, half the chopped nuts, and half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Add remaining batter over the top.
Top that with the remaining apple filling mixture and the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake the cinnamon apple bread at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a platter and then allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth, and use a spoon to drizzle generously over the top.
Get ready to impress!
Cinnamon apple bread loaded with crunch is perfect for a sweet breakfast, afternoon pick-me-up, or evening coffee and conversation.
Store bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze slices for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
- If you really want to take this apple cinnamon bread recipe up a notch, add 1/2 teaspoon of allspice or 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg to the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Ensure you wait until the bread’s cool before slicing and glazing. Otherwise, the bread will fall apart and the glaze will melt right off!
- If you want more of a cinnamon swirl apple bread, feel free to swirl a knife through the batter before adding the final layers on top.
- If you don’t like chunky diced apples, you can also shred the apple for a smoother texture. This might suit the picky eaters in your life better.
What are the best apples to use in cinnamon apple bread?
A firm apple like a Granny Smith apple has the best flavor and texture for baking. However, other good apple varieties include Honeycrisp, Fuji, Golden Delicious, and Pink Lady.
You may also like these delicious quick bread recipes:
Sweet Potato Bread With Cinnamon Swirl
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk heavy cream or half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare cinnamon topping by stirring together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and setting it aside.1/3 cup light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Then prepare the apple filling. Peel and finely dice the apples into a medium bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon and stir to coat. Set this aside along with the chopped nuts.3 medium Granny Smith apples, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together room temp butter and white sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, milk, vanilla, and flour and beat until well incorporated and smooth, scraping sides as needed.2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 stick softened unsalted butter, 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1.5 cups self-rising flour
- Pour half of the bread batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the apple filling, 1/2 of the nuts, and 1/2 of the cinnamon topping. Spread the remaining bread batter over the filling and top with the remaining apple filling and nuts. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon topping over the loaf.1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until it tests done. Cool it in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn it out onto a platter. Cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread.3 tablespoons milk, 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Very informative. Keep up the good efforts.
Thank you so much for your post and your rating. We will certainly keep working to bring you the best tasting recipes and helpful information.
And the aroma in the kitchen is amazing too! Hope you get to try it soon 🙂
I absolutely love your site. Great colors & theme. Amazing recipe, in my opinion. I’m making apple bread sometimes but by another recipe. The next time will try to make it by this recipe and hope that will be delicious.
this apple bread is so good u gotta try it no doubt so mouth watering all their foods here are delish if u ve not tried any of their recipes id advice uall to give southern plate a try looking forward to more of ur recipes thanks
How much is 1.5 flour
It is 1 and a half cups of flour.
How much is 1.5 cups of flour? Is it 1 cup 5 oz.? I would love to try this recipe. Please clarify the flour amount for me.