Today I’m bringing you what is, in my mind, the perfect summer salad for a picnic or barbecue. It’s cool, refreshing, has a blend of great flavors that work together perfectly, and is a cinch to make. Don’t you just love recipes like that? I sure do!
You’ll need: Bottle Italian Dressing (you only need a cup), 2 cans whole kernel corn, small onion, bell pepper, and two tomatoes.
Note: Size of tomato or onion doesn’t really matter here. You can use fresh or frozen corn but you’ll need to cook it in water until just tender first.
Chop up your fresh veggies and drain cans of corn.
Place all veggies in a large bowl.
Add in Italian dressing and stir well.
Cover and refrigerate it for several hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Enjoy! This can be made up to two days ahead of time to keep life simple.
Servings: 4Calories: 60.6kcal
- 2-15 ounce cans whole kernel corn drained*
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Cup Italian Dressing I use regular but you can use Zesty Italian if you like
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Can be made up to two days ahead of time. This is delicious and the perfect side for a barbecue!
- *If you'd like to use fresh or frozen corn just cook it in water until tender and drain well.
You may also enjoy these summer salads:
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”