I originally posted this recipe in 2008 but am reposting it with fresh photographs. 🙂
In a world of ranch dressing, we are Thousand Island people, but not that bottled madness with it’s sharp taste. We love homemade Thousand Island and I must warn you that tasting this version will officially ruin you for that sharp orange stuff they pass off as Thousand Island on the shelves. This is Thousand Island at it’s freshest, creamiest, most flavorful best. One bite of this and you will be spoiled for life. It’s that good.
To make this you’ll need: Mayo of your choice*, Pimentos, Sweet Relish, Chili Sauce, Eggs, and Onion.
*Make sure you use real mayonnaise, not miracle whip.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir until fully blended.
Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend before serving.
Dive in and enjoy every fresh and delicious bite!
- 4 cups mayonnaise any kind, just not miracle whip
- 2-4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- a teaspoon or so of minced onion
- 2.5 ounces diced pimento a little over half of a 4 oz jar
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until fully blended. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. If you'd like it a little thinner, you can add a bit of milk. Enjoy!