How To Make Vegetable Jambalaya
This Quick Vegetable Jambalaya is a recipe that uses one of my favorite shortcut rice mixes. We usually have rice a few times a week in our house. It’s just a great compliment to any dish. I specifically use Zatarain’s because they are always perfectly seasoned and you can make a quick meal by adding a protein.
Ingredients to make Quick Vegetable Jambalaya:
- Chopped onion
- Zatarain’s Jambalaya mix
- A can of diced tomatoes
- Frozen mixed veggie blend of your choice.
Now don’t blink because this is super simple to make, which makes it a great side since you can just put it on and go about preparing the rest of the meal.
Vegetable Jambalaya Recipe
- Place water and tomatoes (with juice) in a large sauce pot and bring this to a boil over medium high heat.
- Stir in rice mix and onion and return to a boil. Once it gets back to boiling, reduce heat to just simmering and cover.
- Allow this to cook for about 15 minutes, then stir in frozen veggies and cook about ten minutes longer, or until the rice and veggies are tender.
Full recipe card to print can be found below
This Quick Vegetable Jambalaya is a quick side to any meal but if you want to keep it simple, you can just pick up a rotisserie chicken and serve this alongside and call supper a done deal!
- 2 cups water
- 1 can 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix Original (8 ounces I think, regular size)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3-4 cups frozen vegetable blend I like the kind with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc
- Bring water and tomatoes (with juice) to a boil in a large saucepan. Add rice mix and onion. Stir. Return to a boil, reduce heat to just simmering, cover and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen veggies, mix well, cover and cook ten minutes longer or until rice and veggies are tender.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
“Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.”