This delicious Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe is a favorite in our house. You can make it lickety split in the oven and it has only three ingredients!
Even though we have countless chicken recipes, I’m always looking to throw something new into the mix so a few weeks ago I decided to oven fry some chicken with crushed Ritz crackers as the breading because, who doesn’t love a Ritz cracker? In fact, I never buy them because they are just too good and I can’t be left alone in the house with them.
Only Three Ingredients
Now, I wanted a wet layer that added tenderness to the meat, kept the cracker crumbs in place, and enhanced the flavor. I decided to go with sour cream and it did not disappoint. This is a simple three ingredient recipe (one being chicken) and has already made it on the menu twice since I tried it out the first time. I think your people will love it, too.
To make Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe you’ll need:
- Sour Cream
- Ritz Crackers (I used one sleeve for three pretty good sized chicken breasts)
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts.
How To Make Ritz Cracker Chicken: Step by Step Instructions
Crush crackers and pour into a shallow bowl. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 350
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
Place sour cream in shallow bowl or plate and roll in sour cream mixture. You’ll be surprised at how well it coats!
Roll each chicken breast in cracker crumbs.
Place on baking sheet and put in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, flip, and bake 20-30 minutes more, until lightly browned. If you’d like them a little browner you can give a quick light spray of cooking spray on them, it just takes a tiny bit.
Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe is a quick and easy simple meal for us so I just serve it with green beans.
So give me the low down! Let me what ya think of this recipe in the comments.
- 1 cup sour cream I suggest regular, not low fat
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers crushed
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- Crush crackers and pour into a shallow bowl. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 350
- Place sour cream in shallow bowl or plate. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and roll in sour cream mixture. You'll be surprised at how well it coats!
- Roll each chicken breast in cracker crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet and put in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, flip, and bake 20-30 minutes more, until lightly browned.
You may also like these chicken recipes: