These mini crescent roll meat pies are a true testament to the beauty of simplicity in cooking. With just a handful of ingredients and a few easy steps, you can create a delightful dish that’s sure to satisfy any appetite.
The heart of these pies lies in the savory meat and melted cheese filling. The combination of well-seasoned, succulent meat and gooey, melted cheese creates a symphony of flavors that’s nothing short of irresistible. It’s a harmonious blend of richness and savoriness that’s bound to leave your taste buds singing.
Encased in a cocoon of buttery, flaky crescent roll dough, each bite offers a delightful contrast of textures. The crisp, golden exterior gives way to a tender, flavorful center, making each mouthful a journey of taste and texture.
The simplicity and ease of preparation make these mini meat pies a go-to for quick meals or impromptu gatherings. With minimal effort, you can whip up a batch in no time, leaving you with a delicious, homemade dish that’s sure to please.
Whether served as a snack, appetizer, or even a main course, these mini crescent roll meat pies are a versatile addition to any mealtime. Their small size makes them perfect for sharing, and their delectable flavor ensures they’ll be a hit with family and friends alike.
In a world where complex recipes often take center stage, these mini meat pies remind us that sometimes, it’s the simple pleasures that truly shine. They’re a testament to the fact that great food doesn’t always require a long list of ingredients or hours in the kitchen. With a bit of creativity and a touch of love, you can create a dish that’s both comforting and delicious!
Ingredients Needed To Make Crescent Roll Meat Pies
- Deli roast beef
- Deli chicken
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crescent roll dough
- Ro-Tel tomatoes
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Crescent Roll Meat Pies
First, open your chilled crescent roll dough and separate it into triangles.
This is best if your dough is really cold. If you let it sit at room temperature it gets very sticky and stretchy and harder to work with.
Place chopped deli roast beef into the center of the dough triangle and then add the rest of the ingredients!
That includes the chopped deli chicken breast…
The shredded mozzarella cheese…
The shredded cheddar cheese…
And a teaspoon of drained Ro-Tel tomatoes.
The whole time, you should make sure you leave plenty of room at the edge to seal the packet.
Now it’s time to roll the triangle of crescent dough into your meat pie ball.
Basically, fold the edges however you can to seal it up. To see how I did it, check out the video in the recipe card below.
Here they are!
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the meat pies on top.
Bake them at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Serve your mini meat pies immediately!
How To Store Crescent Roll Meat Pies
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat them in the microwave, oven, or air fryer until heated through.
- You can also freeze them as described below for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating as above.
Campfire Meat Pies
Here’s what I do if I’m taking my meat pies camping. First, allow them to cool completely. Then wrap them individually in aluminum foil and place these wrapped bundles in a labeled zipper-seal bag. Place them in the fridge or freezer, depending on if your trip is in a couple of days or a couple of weeks.
Transport them to the campsite in an ice-filled cooler. Place them at the fire’s edge or over hot coals until heated through.
Here are some other pie filling suggestions:
- Mini Shepherd’s Pies: cooked ground pork or ground beef with the diced frozen veggies of your choice: carrots, potato, onion, bell pepper, or green peas.
- Leftover pulled pork, leftover shredded chicken, or leftover pulled BBQ chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Italian hand-held meat pies: cooked ground beef, shredded mozzarella cheese, and spaghetti sauce. Another option is to use marinara sauce as a dipping sauce.
- Sloppy Joe meat pies
- Cheeseburger mini pies: browned ground beef cooked with 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder and onions. Then add your favorite cheeseburger toppings: ketchup, mustard, pickle slices, and/or American cheese.
- Mini taco hand pies: ground beef browned with taco seasoning. Then add your favorite taco toppings: drained black beans, guacamole, shredded cheddar cheese, and/or salsa.
- Your favorite pizza toppings, like deli roast beef, diced bell pepper and onion, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- A single chicken nugget with cheese.
- Cooked bacon bits and cooked ground sausage with cheese.
- Deli ham with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use your favorite type of shredded cheese.
- Add your favorite sauce: ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, or BBQ sauce.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I customize the filling with different ingredients?
Absolutely! While the recipe suggests roast beef and chicken, you can get creative with other fillings like ground pork, pulled pork, or even vegetarian options like sautéed mushrooms and spinach.
What role do the cheeses play in this recipe?
The shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses add a creamy and gooey texture to the filling, complementing the savory flavors of the meat.
How do you ensure the pies have a crispy and golden exterior?
The pies get their crispy and golden exterior from the buttery, flaky crescent roll dough. It’s important to work with the dough while it’s still cold to achieve the desired texture.
What do you serve with crescent roll meat pies?
If you want to serve your mini meat pies as a main dish, here are some side dish suggestions:
- Parmesan Oven Fries
- Low-Carb Baked Zucchini Fries
- Greek Salad
- Southern Scalloped Potatoes
- Fresh Green Beans
- Summer Corn Salad
- Roast Vegetables
- Simple Zucchini and Squash Recipe
- Collard Greens With Hot Pepper Sauce
You may also like these recipes:
- Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie Made From Scratch
- Tamale Pie Recipe
- Little Smokies Pigs In A Blanket
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Freezer Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 container original crescent roll dough
For Each Individual Meat Pie
- 1 tbsp deli roast beef
- 1 tbsp deli chicken
- 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp drained Ro-Tel tomatoes, sauce, or add-ins of your choice
- Now open your chilled crescent roll dough and separate it into triangles. This is best if your dough is really cold. If you let it sit at room temperature it gets very sticky and stretchy and harder to work with.1 container original crescent roll dough
- Now add your ingredients one at a time to the center of the dough triangle. Just make sure you leave plenty of room at the edge to seal the packet.1 tbsp deli roast beef, 1 tbsp deli chicken, 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tsp drained Ro-Tel tomatoes, sauce, or add-ins of your choice
- Now it's time to roll the triangle of dough into your meat pie ball. Basically, fold the edges however you can to seal it up.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the meat pies on top.
- Bake them at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and serve immediately.
Nobody cares if you can’t dance well.
Just get up and dance!
Submitted by Ruth Lail.