Links to more of my sweet potato recipes may be found at the bottom of this post!
I dearly love this time of year and this mashed sweet potatoes recipe. Whenever fall rolls around, I just feel better. A lot of it has to do with getting outside more, the cool air around me, and leaves bursting forth in a rainbow of colors. The southeast has gorgeous foliage and if you’ve never seen it, I encourage you to take a little road trip and do so. Getting outside gets me outside of the weight of the world and reminds me of my connection to the bigger picture, lightening my burdens and lifting my spirits.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Perfectly In Line With Fall Flavors
Today’s mashed sweet potato recipe is perfectly in line with the flavors of the season. I dearly love sweet potatoes and this is a delicious way to enjoy them as a side dish that relies mostly on their natural sweetness rather than taking it over the top like most of my other favorite sweet potato dishes do. It’s a perfect weeknight supper with a simple rotisserie chicken from the local deli or as a compliment to a holiday meal.
Ingredients to Make The Perfect Mashed Sweet Potatoes Are:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Heavy Cream
As always, the printable version of this recipe may be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make the Perfect Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Prep your sweet potatoes by peeling them (with a vegetable peeler or knife, whichever you grab first) and then cutting them into chunks or slices.
- Place them in a medium sized stock pot and add enough water to cover them by about an inch.
- Put this over medium high heat and bring just to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until potatoes are soft and tender, about twenty minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and then place them in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, cream, honey, and cinnamon.
- Beat all of this with an electric mixer until well blended, smooth, and fluffy.
Seriously, if this was all we had for supper I’d be happy right now. I LOVE these mashed sweet potatoes!!
This is great served as a weeknight side dish but is also the perfect accompaniment to a holiday meal!
- 4 Medium sized sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash, peel, and cut sweet potatoes into chunks or slices.
- Place in medium sized stock pot and add enough water to cover the sweet potatoes by about an inch. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are soft and tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, cream, honey, and cinnamon to potatoes and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended, light, and fluffy. Serve warm.
More sweet potato recipes:
- Perfect Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Creme Brûlée
- Sweet Potato Muffins – The Easy Way
- Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes
- Grandmama’s Sweet Potato Casserole
If you have Pinterest, I would really love it if you could pin this image to your boards! Thank you 🙂